FLEX YOUR HORIZONS
Made for short runs, from your daily 5K to that spontaneous sprint, the Nike Free RN 2018 Running Shoe is as flexible as ever. The innovative sole has an updated design, yet still delivers a comfortable, barefoot-like feel. Easily worn with your everyday outfit, or packed in a tote or backpack for a quick change, these are the most versatile in the Free RN family. So you can be up for anything.
Flexible, breathable support
198g women’s size 39
For which consumer?
For runners looking to explore the barefoot running and profits (strengthening of the foot, better balance and flexibility of the foot). Located in the middle of the experiment Free in terms of flexibility, cushioning and natural foot movement. For running on track, specific work like General Physical Preparation (GPP) and on the road. Not allowed for long distances (to 10 km). Requires a period of adaptation before frequent use (1-2 weeks)
Weight between 40 and 80 kg
Footwear Training / Capacity
Road / Track
Features and benefits:
1. Engineered mesh: Engineered mesh provides lightweight, flexible support and breathable comfort.
2. Dynamic Flywire doubled: Ultra-lightweight support, focused, dynamic and adjusted. Just like the car safety belt tightening laces just keep you the entire foot and provides a "lock" maximum without interfering the running motion.
3. A wide strap wraps your heel: for added support, better structure and a more secure fit. Padding in the heel adds another level of comfort.
4. The heel is rounded: to mimic the shape of your foot and roll naturally with the ground.
5. Midsole foam: Softer than previous iterations, the new midsole foam delivers exceptionally comfortable cushioning and lightweight durability for miles.
6. The next generation Nike Free outsole: expands in multiple directions thanks to an entirely new tri-star pattern, adding a new dimension of flexibility that lets your feet move more dynamically with every stride. Plus, the heel is rounded to mimic the shape of your foot and roll naturally with the ground.
7. BRS 1000: Lightweight solid rubber segments under the toe and heel for enhanced traction and durability.
Weight of the shoe: 242.5g (Men in 42.5) et 198g (Women in 39).
What’s new ?
The next-generation Nike Free midsole expands in multiple directions thanks to an entirely new tri-star pattern, adding a new dimension of flexibility that lets your feet move more dynamically with every stride.
For the little story …
When they learned that Stanford athletes were training barefoot on the university’s golf course, three of Nike employees among the most creative and innovative went ahead to develop a shoe that, like the bare foot, offer a natural and lightweight comfort. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women: they have set pressure measuring insoles to their feet and used high-speed cameras to film the movements of each foot. The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of barefoot running. The results allowed to gain a deep knowledge of the operation of the foot’s natural angle at which it lands on the ground, the position of the toes, pressure, etc. With this data, Nike designers were able to create a revolutionary running shoe design.
The Nike Flyknit technology is inspired guidance of runners willing to own such a comfortable shoe and a sock giving the feeling of running barefoot. Nike undertook a mission four years when programmers, engineers and designers have thought about creating the technology to achieve the mesh upper with static properties for structure and strength. Then the precise placement of the holding areas, flexibility and ventilation (all in one piece) has been redesigned. Result: an upper almost seamless fit and lightweight.